Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Just heard that there were still people mugging in sch at 12am when my frens left. Seriously, this is only the third week and it seems like exam season. sometimes, we just gotta chill and remember that this is only the third week. burning it so early will get you burnt out easily.
More Fuzzy Logic @ 1:20 AM
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
More Fuzzy Logic @ 12:08 AM
Monday, January 07, 2008
And randomly, you know you are getting old when you go to ur sec sch cca chalet, and when they start playing games you exclaimed "that's damn fun! we played that 10 years ago!", and only to get a whole group of stunned faces...
More Fuzzy Logic @ 12:03 AM
Sunday, January 06, 2008
a new year calls for new resolutions. And mine are:
1. I shall gain more perspective. All those times when i'm down? Screw it. As Boris Becker famously said when he lost a 2nd round Wimbledon match after winning it the previous year, he lost only a tennis match. Its not like anyone died or anything.
2. I shall hope that i can go to new york for exchange. Is it a resolution when you cannot control the outcome? haha but nevertheless, I hope to be able to make it to Times Square and say (in the Hiro way): HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOO NEW YORK-E! (though i think tat would be far too great an embarrassment).
3. I shall quarrel with my gf less. Hopefully, the longer u stay together, the more u understand each other, and the less frequent the quarrels will be.
4. I shall lose my lousy losing streak in mahjong. Wait, that is already taken care of when auntie PY took over my "good" luck =)
5. I shall work harder. Contrary to belief, I haven't worked as hard as i would like last year. I could be more systematic and get my schedule back on track earlier. And therefore, I shall work harder (sounds like the old horse in Animal Farm isnt it?)
6. I shall attempt to be more concerned with my future career path and apply for internships. Kinda feeling lazy about internships, but that has got to change.
tats all i guess. haha Happy 2008 to everyone!
More Fuzzy Logic @ 11:54 PM
I was rearranging my personal folder (the one with real paper, not the one on my laptop) when i came across a printout detailing my choice of schools for the JC admissions exercise. I was quite amused to see that the reverse was a photocopy of 2 pages from Alcock v. Chief Constable of South Yorkshire, specifically, from the speech of Lord Keith of Kinkel. I must have used my sister's pile of discarded paper as a printing paper.
More Fuzzy Logic @ 6:14 PM